WEEKLY TEAM LUNCHES
Every week, Adknown team members are treated to lunch from one of many top local restaurants. Unlimited soft drinks and a fully stocked bar (in the games room) is provided for all to enjoy.
Each member of the Adknown team is provided a laptop, multiple monitors, and a smartphone for all their coding and analytical needs.
There are multiple recreational areas within the Adknown offices complete with video games, foose, pool and darts. We like to work hard, but we also like to play hard with various internal leagues and ladders.
Adknown operates on Wyndham Street in the heart of Guelph. Quick access to local restaurants, amenities, and public transit makes coming to work easy and enjoyable.
TEAM BUILDING ACTIVITIES
Whether is it company wide, or departmental, Adknown insists on booking at least one outside trip each quarter. Golf, retro games, shows and sporting events are just a few of the past activities. Images from some of these events are viewable here.
Adknown offers its team members a competitive salary along with an extensive health and benefits plan.
We have assembled a creative, passionate and skilled team of engineers who want to create amazing web products. We thrive in an agile environment where we are not afraid to embrace new technologies and methodologies to get the job done. Our goal is to create scalable, durable, lightning fast systems to serve our users and perform real-time analytics on massive amounts of data.
- Server Side - PHP, Python, Nginx
- Front End - React, Material UI
- Database - MySQL, AWS Aurora, Redis
- DevOps - Docker, CI/CD
- Data Analytics - AWS Athena, Apache Airflow, Grafana, Python
- Cloud - Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Adknowns Marketing and Data Analysis team breathes the life into Adknowns broad range of online properties. Just as every print publication needs readers, online publications need users to gain traction.
Adknowns Marketing and Data Analysis team leverages their marketing expertise to create performance-based digital advertising campaigns which bring Adknowns portfolio of properties into the forefront of the online world.
- Excel - summarized reporting
- MySQL - routine based optimization
- Athena - ad-hoc analysis
- Sapphire - proprietary traffic management
- Ad Intellegence - market research
Adknowns Publishing Team consists of highly-skilled creative writers, and designers with a solid foundation of what makes web publications fun and engaging. Our publishing team members enjoy connecting with readers by giving them relevant content with a pleasing presentation. We create accessible content in a variety of different verticals including home and garden, beauty, health and wellness, and more.
The team delivers insightful and compelling content that readers appreciate and learn from.
- Office - everyday writing
- G Suite - team collaboration
- Content Management System - publishing
- Creative Commons - image attribution
- Adobe Creative Suite - image editing
- HTML5 / CSS3 - website layout
Adknowns Admin team is the backbone of the company. It performs the tasks necessary for Adknown to function. The tasks can often consume Adknown's mangers time. This is where the Admin team comes in for the save.
Adknowns Admin team handles everything corporate administrative including bookkeeping, invoicing, scheduling, event planning, travel planning and more. Our team is thoughtful and organized.
- Office - everyday productivity
- G Suite - team collaboration
- Hubdoc - bookkeeping
- Quickbooks - bookkeeping
- Amazon - shopping
1 Open Position
Mobile Game Development
Junior Unity Game Developer
Adknown is a cutting-edge online media company with a team of highly skilled professionals. Our company has transformed from a small start-up in 2011 to a dynamic team of over 40 engineers, data analysts, online marketers, writers and editors.
Our Game Development department develops small mobile apps using Unity Engine with small development cycles. We build all our games from the ground up, with over 250+ games released in the last 3 years on Google Play and the App Store.
We are looking for an exceptional person to work with us as a Unity Game Developer. Here at Adknown, you will be working individually to create 15+ mobile games beside other skilled developers.
- All aspects of the Game Development Process (Game Idea, coding, game design, UI design, paper prototype, MVP, game testing, receive feedback, publish game)
- Working in an agile-friendly environment, where you will test other peoples games, collect feedback on your game and implement the feedback
- Fix bugs on existing games as well as adding new features
- Use existing art assets, create your own, or work with third party assets
- Publish games to Google Play and App Store
- You will also be trained here at Adknown on all the above tasks
- 1+ years of Unity professional game development experience or a strong portfolio of equivalent Unity work
- Education: Graduate with a degree or diploma program in game development or equivalent field of study (Computer Science / Software Engineer)
- Able to create 15+ unique and creative Game Ideas following all requirements ( keeping in mind we have 250+ published games)
- Must embrace and be comfortable to receive feedback from your Manager and peers on your games
- Must be able to adapt your Game Idea / Game to the received feedback, and still get it to a publishable state from that feedback
- Strong understanding of Unity Engine, Game Design, and UI Design
- Time Management skills
- Art skills (Misc drawing skills, being able to draw 2D vector / pixel art, 3D art, color theory)
- An eye for understanding mobile game trends on Google Play and App Store and being able to translate that into your games
- Unity Shader skills
- Competitive Salary
- We offer the industry standard perks such as a fully stocked fridge, a giant staff room complete with pool table, foosball, dart board, bar, lounge area with TV and video games that you are welcome to everyday
- Weekly company paid team lunches downtown Guelph
- Free parking
- Regular social events ranging from board games, pizza parties, social games, and “field trips” that occur every quarter
- Work in a friendly, open, creative, fun and innovative work environment
- Some perks are unavailable due to Covid-19