WEEKLY TEAM LUNCHES
Every week, Adknown team members are treated to lunch from one of many top local restaurants. Unlimited soft drinks and a fully stocked bar (in the games room) is provided for all to enjoy.
Each member of the Adknown team is provided a laptop, multiple monitors, and a smartphone for all their coding and analytical needs.
There are multiple recreational areas within the Adknown offices complete with video games, foose, pool and darts. We like to work hard, but we also like to play hard with various internal leagues and ladders.
Adknown operates on Wyndham Street in the heart of Guelph. Quick access to local restaurants, amenities, and public transit makes coming to work easy and enjoyable.
TEAM BUILDING ACTIVITIES
Whether is it company wide, or departmental, Adknown insists on booking at least one outside trip each quarter. Golf, retro games, shows and sporting events are just a few of the past activities. Images from some of these events are viewable here.
Adknown offers its team members a competitive salary along with an extensive health and benefits plan.
We have assembled a creative, passionate and skilled team of engineers who want to create amazing web products. We thrive in an agile environment where we are not afraid to embrace new technologies and methodologies to get the job done. Our goal is to create scalable, durable, lightning fast systems to serve our users and perform real-time analytics on massive amounts of data.
- Server Side - PHP, Python, Nginx
- Front End - React, Material UI
- Database - MySQL, AWS Aurora, Redis
- DevOps - Docker, CI/CD
- Data Analytics - AWS Athena, Apache Airflow, Grafana, Python
- Cloud - Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Adknowns Marketing and Data Analysis team breathes the life into Adknowns broad range of online properties. Just as every print publication needs readers, online publications need users to gain traction.
Adknowns Marketing and Data Analysis team leverages their marketing expertise to create performance-based digital advertising campaigns which bring Adknowns portfolio of properties into the forefront of the online world.
- Excel - summarized reporting
- MySQL - routine based optimization
- Athena - ad-hoc analysis
- Sapphire - proprietary traffic management
- Ad Intellegence - market research
Adknowns Publishing Team consists of highly-skilled creative writers, and designers with a solid foundation of what makes web publications fun and engaging. Our publishing team members enjoy connecting with readers by giving them relevant content with a pleasing presentation. We create accessible content in a variety of different verticals including home and garden, beauty, health and wellness, and more.
The team delivers insightful and compelling content that readers appreciate and learn from.
- Office - everyday writing
- G Suite - team collaboration
- Content Management System - publishing
- Creative Commons - image attribution
- Adobe Creative Suite - image editing
- HTML5 / CSS3 - website layout
Adknowns Admin team is the backbone of the company. It performs the tasks necessary for Adknown to function. The tasks can often consume Adknown's mangers time. This is where the Admin team comes in for the save.
Adknowns Admin team handles everything corporate administrative including bookkeeping, invoicing, scheduling, event planning, travel planning and more. Our team is thoughtful and organized.
- Office - everyday productivity
- G Suite - team collaboration
- Hubdoc - bookkeeping
- Quickbooks - bookkeeping
- Amazon - shopping
Adknown is a cutting edge web publisher that strongly leverages online marketing to enhance the profile of its web portfolio. Along with its core business, Adknown incubates new and exciting web products.
Adknown is currently hiring an Administrative Assistant to provide support to all departments of Adknown. This is a Hybrid Work position reporting to our office in Guelph, Ontario.
- Liaise with and provide support to all departments
- Assist with Payroll
- Assist with any special projects (including picking up swag, supplies etc)
- Organize and run company social events
- Perform general office duties (ie proactivly maintain supplies, inventory, drink orders etc)
- Assist with Recruitment and Selection
- Assist with Performance Reviews
- Assist with the processing of new hires, job changes, terminations, resignations and maintaining electronic employee files
- Health & Safety duties
- Complete administrative tasks associated with tax credits
- Working on projects with specific requirements for detail oriented management
- Assisting our Game Development Team with QA on mobile games
- Post-Secondary Education (HR/Administrative Diploma/Degree preferred)
- Experience with Google Drive, Microsoft Word, Excel etc
- Self starter with a good attention to detail and ability to problem solve
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, with an ability to prioritize important projects
- Access to a vehicle
- Bookkeeping experience
- Experience with organizing and running company events
- Understanding of labor laws
- Competitive Salary – We strive to maintain a competitive salary and award performance-based commissions
- Benefits – We offer an excellent medical, dental and eye benefits package and group RRSP
- Hybrid work –- work in the comfort of your own home and benefit from our newly refinished office in the heart of downtown Guelph
- Flexible Hours – Choose your own start and end times for the workday
- Extra remote days – We offer the ability to take extra remote days to allow you more flexibility when taking long journeys or vacations
- New Modern Office Space – Make use of our newly finished office space in Downtown Guelph, and access amenities such as our well-appointed gym, expansive games room, and fully stocked snack and drinks area
- Team Building Events – Participate in a wide variety of monthly team-building events where we focus on interpersonal relationships and growth
- Adknown is committed to the health and safety of all those in our workplaces and our communities
- We follow all the current Covid-19 health restrictions and require all employees to be vaccinated
Senior Unity Game Developer
Position: Remote, Full Time Permanent
Adknown is a cutting-edge online media company with a team of highly skilled professionals. Our company has transformed from a small start-up in 2011 to a dynamic team of over 40 Engineers, Data Analysts, Online Marketers, Writers, Editors and Game Developers!
Our fully remote Game Development team creates mobile apps using Unity Engine with short development cycles. We build all our games from the ground up using our unique innovative process. Our library of games contains over 300 games released in the last 3 years on both Google Play and the App Store.
We are looking for an exceptional person to join our team as a Senior Unity Game Developer. A strong candidate will have experience with building an entire game and enjoys creating games from a unique perspective. If using creative solutions to game design challenges and thinking outside the box are qualities you possess, then this is the place for you!
- Lead training on existing code base, game design and advanced game development concepts
- Lead hiring process for new Junior Game Developers
- Building innovative frameworks and grow the department
- Guide and mentor team members through day to day development tasks
- Repair structural, functional, and design problems in existing games
- Fixing art assets and creating art assets in existing games
- Maintaining compliance with existing game library
- 3+ years of professional Unity game development experience
- Portfolio of games including at least one published game
- Proficient at leading, training, projects, teams and guiding junior developers
- Experience hiring game developers
- Strong Art skills (pencil + paper drawing, 2D art skills, understand color theory, able to match other games art styles)
- Adept OOP skills and proficiency with C#
- Understanding of advanced game design skills and the ability to adapt existing designs to solve game design problems
- Familiar with UI fundamentals (spacing, color theory, etc.) and the ability to build nice looking UIs
- Able to create fun and creative game ideas and mechanics following all requirements
- Degree or diploma in game development program or related field, or equivalent experience
- Passion for mobile games and mobile gaming
- Strong 3D math skills
- Experience writing and using Unity Shaders
- Competitive Salary
- Fully remote position
- Access to our office which has a gym, drinks, snacks and a games room
- Regular social events ranging from board games, pizza parties, social games and “field trips” that occur every quarter
- Work in a friendly, open, creative, fun and innovative work environment