Adknown is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities by providing a respectful and inclusive environment.
Persons with disabilities shall be permitted to obtain, use or benefit from our goods or services through the use of their assistive devices. Assistive devices are permitted at all times by customers with disabilities.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability, needs and circumstances. All communication shall be provided in a manner that respects the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have the support person accompany them on our premises.
Notice of Temporary Disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities, Adknown will notify everyone promptly. A notice will be posted at each main gate of the work premises.
We will provide training to employees who deal with the public or other third parties on our behalf. Training will also be provided to people involved in the development of policies, plans, practices and procedures related to the provision of our goods and services. Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and therequirements of the Accessibility Standard.
- In aspects of the Ontario Human Rights Code that relate to accessibility.
- Adknown’s policy related to this Accessibility Policy.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require theassistance of a service animal or a support person.
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing our goods andservices.
Persons who wish to provide feedback on the way that we provide goods and services to people with disabilities can provide feedback by communication with us in a manner they deem most convenient to them including in person, in writing, by email or another method. Responses to feedback are not mandatory. If a person submits a concern and provides contact information we will follow up with them in a timely manner to address the feedback.
Access to Accessibility Policy
Adknown will make available our Accessibility Policy on our website. A copy will also be available for customers at our facilities.